Classes are currently postponed until May 31st
First of all, we want to say “thank you.”
The support and encouragement we have received through emails and phone calls are nothing short of astounding.
It has moved us deeply that 100% of students affected by class postponements have chosen to attend to the future classes. We can’t tell you how encouraging that is. Your optimism is what makes this such a great community to be a part of. Thank you for being a part of ours.
Like you, we are self-isolating in the workshop. This is a great time to work in your shop and on projects, and we are here to help. If you run into a problem on a project or need advice – we are here! Email us, FB, or call us – we can’t wait to talk to you.
What Can I do If My Class is Impacted?
If you are just coming to this page to find out if your class has been impacted, here are your options:
Option 1: Defer your registration
You can select your rescheduled class date or any other class either this year or hold it over to next year.
Option 2: Donate your money to the School
We can earmark it for our special funds – like our Teen Scholarships, or Maker’s Hand Scholarship. Alternatively, it can be used as operating funds to help the School through this difficult time.
Option 3: Convert to a Gift Certificate
The Gift Certificates will be valid for three years and can be used for any class, materials, or tools that the School offers. You can also give the gift card to someone else!
What should I do if I have questions?
Call us, we’d love to talk to you 813 223 3490. or email us at Kate@Schoolofwoodwork.com
What If My Class is after the date shown above?
If a class is not shown in the list above it means that our standard policy is in place. The standard policy is as follows:
- If you withdraw from a workshop less than 30 days in advance, there will be no refund or transferring of the money to another class on all paid money for any reason.
- If you withdraw from a workshop for which you paid in full more than 30 days in advance of the start of the class, the school will refund the deposit on the class, less a $50 cancellation fee
- If you are eligible for any refund, you must send a dated written request. All refunds are based on the postmarked date or date the email was received.
- Telephone cancellations are not accepted for refunds.
- If you cancel any class and are eligible for a refund, the available refundable money can be applied to another class in the same year (less the $50 cancellation fee). You cannot transfer money to another class in the next year’s schedule.
- Refundable money will be sent back before the end of the school year.
- The Florida School of Woodwork reserves the right to withdraw any student from a class if he or she has not paid in full 30 days before the start of class.
- If for any reason the School must cancel a workshop, all money will be refunded, including the $45 registration fee.
Visitors To The School
Until further notice, the School is closed to nonessential visitors.
Permitted visitors include, among others:
- Delivery services such as UPS and Fedex
- Vendor deliveries
- Utility, maintenance, and repair personnel
Nonessential visitors include:
Friends, family, and guests of students, instructors, and staff
Members of the general public, potential students are welcome to tour when the current pandemic is deemed over.
We will be asking anybody at the School to:
1. Wash hands their hands immediately on arrival, at 10:30am, noon, and 2:30pm for at least twenty seconds with soap and water. No exceptions.
2. Clean/Santize at the end of each day:
- Students will clean/disinfect counter tops, door knobs, light switches, paper-towel dispenser handles, and machinery switches and hand wheels with spray solutions and supplies provided by School.
- Office staff have responsibility for daily cleaning/disinfecting of the office, kitchen, and gallery bathroom, including counters, desk tops, doorknobs, sink fixtures, toilets, sinks, faucet handles and faucets, phones, and keyboards.