- This event has passed.
Skill Building – Queen Anne Table
Build Your Funiture Making Skills
Make A Queen Anne Table
This small table is packed with both lovely, elegant form – shapely legs and nice proportions, and great function whether it is with the leaf up or down. It is also an entertaining build experience for cabinetmakers and furniture makers alike!
This class is perfect for woodworkers who are familiar with power and handtools and want to hone their skills in both furniture making in general and period furniture making.
Everything you will need is here in the workshop along with really knowledgeable, patient instructors who will show you step by step how to accomplish beautiful work.
In this six day hands on class, you will learn and practice a wide variety of building.
Some of key learning points you’ll cover include:
- Understanding layout drawings and plans
- Carving Queen Anne cabriole legs with pad feet.
- Mortise and tenon joinery, including angled joints
- Shaping the aprons and transitioning into the legs
- Making a swing out gate leg with a wooden hinge
- Layout and glue up of the two-piece triangular table top
- Making a rule joint and mortising the hinges for the drop leaf
- Edging the table top including hand carving the curved scalloped corners
Meet Your Instructor: Joe Kunzman
Tools You Need To Bring: Will be sent via email
Tuition: $750 per person
Studio & Materials Fee: $50
One time registration Fee: $45
- Sep 22, 2019 @ 9:00 am
- Sep 27, 2019 @ 5:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- 2019 Classes, All, Furniture Making, handtool, Joinery, Level II, Table Making
- Event Tags:
- american furniture, breakfast table, cabinetmakers, cabriole legs, corner table, federal furniture, federal period, federal style, federal table, federalist period, florida woodworking, furniture, furniture design, gifts for woodworkers, handkerchief table, hide glue, hot hide glue, inlay, Odie's Oil, period furniture, queen anne, rabbet and bead, router bits, routing, rule joint, society of period furniture makers, veneering, wood working, wooden hinge, Woodworking, woodworking school