Make A Jewelry Box – Weekend
Make a This Beautiful Jewerly Box
Weekend Class – Open to All
Build your woodworking skills AND make a fabulous jewerly box!
Boxes are great ways to learn mulitple skills and create something useful and beautiful. The weekend will be spent working on precision joinery, understanding how to leverage grain patterns, and how to do some of the more tricky things like setting hinges.
You’ll learn and practice box making techniques that include:
- Box design considerations
- Carcass construction
- Mitres & splined mitre joints
- Setting hinges and hardware.
- Cutting lap joints for interior dividers
The goal is to complete your box, aside from finishing. An oil wax finish is available.
You’ll also have the opportunity to do some unique pyrography – wood burning – on the surface of the box lid. You might choose to put someones name, or a simple design, all will personalize the box and make it truely unique.
Meet Your Instructor: Andrew Gibson
Tools Needed: Provided by the School
Materials: Provided by the School
Studio & Materials Fee: $30
Non-Refundable Registration Fee: $45 if this is your first time registering
- Dec 5, 2020 @ 9:00 am
- Dec 6, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- 2 Day, 2020 Classes, All, Box making, Furniture Making, Level I, Weekend
- Event Tags:
- Beginning, beginning woodworking class, beginning woodworking course, box making, cabinet making class, chisel storage, classes in florida, drawer making, dyi, Evening, federal style, fine woodworking, hinge setting, inlay, jewelry box, joinery #, making a wooden box, marquetry, mitre joints, Odie's Oil, period furniture, queen anne, resawing, sapfm, tool box, tool storage, tool store, weekend, weekend craft