Joinery on the Router Table
Router Essentials for Every Woodworker
This is the perfect time to work on your craft! And you can do it from the comfort of your workshop!
Fixed routers and plunge routers add a LOT to the workshop, but they can be intimidating to use.
With the amazingly diverse availability of router bit profiles, there are many different things you can do on a router table; from edge profiling to joinery. Because of the high rpm of a router motor, the cut quality is great, typically requiring very little sanding, and your instructor, Kate Swann, will show you many important tips and fundamentals to help you to get the most out of your routers and you get hands-on experience.
No matter if you are a beginner or are familiar with the router, this is a great class to hone your skills.
Learn along with other woodworkers as you participate in this live video conference class taught by Kate Swann and chat with your classmates from around the nation and world in real-time.
There is a lot of interaction, and you’ll get to watch and engage with Kate as she leads you through the process and techniques of using fixed table routers to accomplish a wide array of joinery. It’s as close as you can get to sitting in the workshop with her:)
The class is split into manageable sections of approximately two hours online followed by work periods where you will work in your own workshop.
Kate will walk you through the process of :
- Which router to buy and how to maintain it
- What router bits to invest in
- Techniques such as how to cut:
- lap joints
- mortises & tenon
You will get handouts, links, and if you need it materials. We’ve also provided a link below for tool purchases if you need them.
The class is beginner level.
You’ll also be invited to join our private Facebook group where you can chat, post questions, and get advice outside of class hours. Come and join the quarantine team!
Finally, will we record each day, so that you can refer back to it as you work through your assigned tasks and homework.
Sign-ups are limited – We want each of you to have a fabulous experience!
Class Schedule & Times
The class is broken up into sections over several days. Plan on attending all of them, just like you would in real-time.
May 23rd, Saturday
- 4:30 – 6:30pm
May 24th, Sunday
- 4:30pm – 6:30pm
May 27th, Wednesday
- 6:30 – 8:30
All times are shown in EST (GMT -5) Eastern Standard Time
Tools & Materials Needed:
- Laptop with a camera or PC with webcam & wifi
- Router Table with Router
- Router Bits & Cut List to follow
Tuition: $100 per person
Studio & Materials Fee: $30 (optional)
- May 23, 2020
- May 27, 2020
- $100 – $130
- Event Categories:
- 2 Day, 2020 Classes, All, Evening & Weekend, Furniture Making, Joinery, Level I, Virtual Classes, Weekend
- Event Tags:
- best wood router, carbide router bits, edge profiling, feed direction, fine woodworking tools, fixed routers, florida woodworking, freud router bits, furniture, furniture making, furniture making skills, gifts for woodworkers, great cut quality, great instructors, hands on experience, high speed steel router bits, how to cut dados, how to cut lap joints, how to cut mortises on a router, how to cut rabbets, how to cut with a router, how to do joinery, how to maintain a router, how to use a router, how to use machinery, joinery #, learn new skills, machinery, mortises, multiple passes on a router, plunge routers, Power Tools, router bits, router motor, router safety, router table, router techniques, router tool bits, routing, routing fundamentals, routing tips, trim router, types of routers, types of wood router tools, useful router bits, using featherboards, using push pads, veneer, weekend, Wood router, wood working, Woodworking, woodworking education, woodworking projects, woodworking school, woodworking skills, woodworking tools