Tea Rack with Phil Morley – Live On Line
Live & On Line
This is the perfect time to work on your craft! And you can do it from the comfort of your workshop!
Learn along with other woodworkers as you participate in this live video conference class taught by Phil Morely and chat with your classmates from around the nation and world in real-time.
There is a lot of interaction, and you’ll get to watch and engage with Phil as he leads you through the build of this lovely Tea Rack from his workshop in Austin Texas – it’s as close as you can get to sitting at his workbench with him 🙂
The class is split into manageable sections of approximately two hours online, followed by work periods where you will work in your own workshop. At the end of each day, we get back together online to review the tasks accomplished and what’s to come. You will get handouts, links, detailed plans, and an opportunity to rewatch the project build as many times as needed. You’ll provide your own wood – so you can decide if you want your project out of cherry or walnut or whatever appeals to you!
Sign-ups are limited – We want each of you to have a fabulous experience!
Some of the valuable skills you will learn are how to:
- Select lumber for your project
- Layout and cut the most useful of joints – mortise and tenons
- Selecting the right glue
You’ll also be invited to join our private Facebook group where you can chat, post questions, and get advice outside of class hours. Come and join the team!
The class is broken up into sections over a week. Plan on attending all of the sessions just like you would in real-time.
Each day class will be scheduled as follows:
- 10:00am – 12pm Class/Group Time together via video conference
- 12:00 pm – 3:30 pm Work in your workshop on assignments from the morning’s class
- 4:00pm – 5pm Class/Group Time via video conference
All times are shown in EST (GMT -5) Eastern Standard Time
- Laptop with a camera or PC with webcam & wifi
- Equipment- Bandsaw and/or Tablesaw (workaround available if you don’t have, Router (handheld plunge router, etc. A more detailed list will be provided via email.
- May 11 @ 10:00 am
- May 15 @ 5:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- 2 Day, 2020 Classes, All, Beginning Woodworking, Case & Cabinets, Evening & Weekend, Furniture Making, Level I, Virtual Classes
- Event Tags:
- 5 Day Class, air dried wood, bandsaw, bedroom furniture, Beginning, beginning woodwork, beginning woodworking, beginning woodworking class, brown glue, build a table, build an elegant table, carpentry, carpentry furniture, chair dimensions, cherry, chopping board, class, construction drawings, crosscut, custom furniture, custom woodworking, cut list, cutting board, cutting diagram, cutting joints, dado, design a table, design formulas, diy, drill press, edge grain, face sawn wood, festool sanders, fibonacci series, final cut list, florida, florida woodworking, forstner bit, foundational woodworking, front elevation construction drawing, furniture, furniture class, furniture construction drawings, furniture cut list, furniture design, furniture function, furniture glue, furniture making, furniture making skills, gifts for woodworkers, glue set times, grain direction, great instructors, green wood, Hand Tools, hands on class, hardwood, heartwood, How to Calculate how much wood you need for a project, how to design furniture, how to do joinery, how to make a cut list, how to mill lumber, how to sand wood, how to select a finish, how to use hand tools, how to use lumber, how to use power tools, how wood is cut, improve your skills, jig, jointer, joints, joints for furniture, kiln dried wood, lacquer, laumber, learn new skills, learn woodwork, learn woodworking, living room furniture, lumber, lumber yard cut list, mahogany, manipulation of wood, maple, materials list, maximum no sag spans for shelves, mill lumber, milling, milling raw lumber, modern furniture, moisture content, mortise, oil finishes, online, perfect for beginners, pine wood, places to buy wood, Plain Sawn Lumber, plain sawn wood, plan elevation construction drawing, planer, poplar, power tool, Power Tools, projects, Quarter Sawn Lumber, quarter sawn wood, raw lumber, resaw cut, Rift Sawn Lumber, rift sawn wood, rip cut, rough cut, rough sawn, router, safe power tool use, sanding, sap, sepele, shellac, soft wood, splinter wood, standard chair dimensions, standard dimensions for bookcases, standard dimensions for shelves, standard furniture dimensions, table apron, table construction, table dimensions, table joints, table making, table router, table saw, table top, tampa, tampa woodworking class, the golden rule, thickness planer, timber, tools, varnish blend finishes, virtual, walnut, wax finishes, weekend, Weekend Class, wood density, wood finish, wood grain, wood moisture content, wood properties, wood selection, Woodworking, woodworking education, woodworking glue, woodworking machinery, woodworking school, yellow glue