Beginning Woodwork – Live Streamed
Live Stream – Beginning Woodworking
Join this live group-based live streamed class and interact with both your instructor and your classmates from around the nation in real-time. You only need a laptop with a camera, or a computer with a webcam.
You will get handouts, links, and an opportunity to rewatch the class at your convenience over the next several months.
This is the perfect time to start working on your craft! Learn along with other inspiring woodworkers as you study the steps of the woodworking process: project design and planning, construction drawings, lumber, milling, joinery, construction and finishing techniques, as well as some of the machinery used in the process.
The class is split into manageable sections of approximately two hours. There is a lot of interaction, and you’ll get to do activities and tasks that will help reinforce what you’re learning and give you a chance to “move around” in class.
Some of the valuable skills you will learn are how to:
- Select lumber for your project
- Mill lumber safely using the jointer and planer, chop saw, and table saw
- Layout and cut the most useful of joints – mortise and tenons
- Know ahead of time what finish to use and how to finish
Have Your Own Machines/Workshop?
Great – you can do the exercises along with us, and we’ll give you guidance as we go.
You’ll also be invited to join our private Facebook group where you can chat, post questions and get advice outside of class hours. Join the team!
YOUR CLASS DATES
The class is broken up into sections over a week. Plan on attending all of the sessions just like you would in real-time.
- Monday 10am – 12pm. Lumber and Project Preparation(1).
- Monday 2pm – 4pm. Lumber and Project Preparation (2).
- Tuesday, 10am – 12pm Milling Lumber using Power Tools
- Wednesday 10am – 12pm Joinery 1
- Wednesday 2pm – 4pm Joinery 2
- Thursday 10am – 12pm Construction
- Friday 3rd 10am – 12pm Finishing
All times are Eastern Standard Time (GMT – 5)
Tools Needed: Laptop with camera or PC with webcam, Tape measure, pen & paper
Materials & Books Needed: None.
Fees: $275 per person
Studio & Materials Fee: None
One time registration fee of $45 (Waived)
- April 20 @ 10:00 am
- April 24 @ 12:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- 2 Day, 2020 Classes, All, Beginning Woodworking, Evening & Weekend, Furniture Making, Level I, Virtual Classes, Weekend
- Event Tags:
- 5 Day Class, air dried wood, bandsaw, bedroom furniture, Beginning, beginning woodwork, beginning woodworking, beginning woodworking class, brown glue, build a table, build an elegant table, carpentry, carpentry furniture, chair dimensions, cherry, chopping board, class, construction drawings, crosscut, custom furniture, custom woodworking, cut list, cutting board, cutting diagram, cutting joints, dado, design a table, design formulas, diy, drill press, edge grain, face sawn wood, festool sanders, fibonacci series, final cut list, florida, florida woodworking, forstner bit, foundational woodworking, front elevation construction drawing, furniture, furniture class, furniture construction drawings, furniture cut list, furniture design, furniture function, furniture glue, furniture making, furniture making skills, gifts for woodworkers, glue set times, grain direction, great instructors, green wood, Hand Tools, hands on class, hardwood, heartwood, How to Calculate how much wood you need for a project, how to design furniture, how to do joinery, how to make a cut list, how to mill lumber, how to sand wood, how to select a finish, how to use hand tools, how to use lumber, how to use power tools, how wood is cut, improve your skills, jig, jointer, joints, joints for furniture, kiln dried wood, lacquer, laumber, learn new skills, learn woodwork, learn woodworking, living room furniture, lumber, lumber yard cut list, mahogany, manipulation of wood, maple, materials list, maximum no sag spans for shelves, mill lumber, milling, milling raw lumber, modern furniture, moisture content, mortise, oil finishes, online, perfect for beginners, pine wood, places to buy wood, Plain Sawn Lumber, plain sawn wood, plan elevation construction drawing, planer, poplar, power tool, Power Tools, projects, Quarter Sawn Lumber, quarter sawn wood, raw lumber, resaw cut, Rift Sawn Lumber, rift sawn wood, rip cut, rough cut, rough sawn, router, safe power tool use, sanding, sap, sepele, shellac, soft wood, splinter wood, standard chair dimensions, standard dimensions for bookcases, standard dimensions for shelves, standard furniture dimensions, table apron, table construction, table dimensions, table joints, table making, table router, table saw, table top, tampa, tampa woodworking class, the golden rule, thickness planer, timber, tools, varnish blend finishes, virtual, walnut, wax finishes, weekend, Weekend Class, wood density, wood finish, wood grain, wood moisture content, wood properties, wood selection, Woodworking, woodworking education, woodworking glue, woodworking machinery, woodworking school, yellow glue