Joinery is both an art and a science and a wonderful challenge. As a woodworker there is nothing more valuable than being able to select and cut joints with skill and ease. This class will increase your joinery skills regardless of your starting point. You will learn how to select joints, how to lay them out, how to cut them accurately using a variety of hand tool and machine based methods. It is an incredible class no matter your skill level and will build your confidence and impact the quality of your woodworking for years to come.
Open to all
In this five day class, you’ll learn and practice joinery techniques that will include:
- Selection & layout of joints with a wide variety of measuring & marking tools
- Lap Joints – end, center, T, Angled
- Box Joints, Mitres, Scarf, Hip
- Mortise and tenons – floating, angled, wedged, haunched & through
- Dovetails – through, half blind, sliding
- Approaches to Cabinet, Frame, Table and Chair Joinery
- How to recover from joinery mistakes
This is a not a project based class. You will focus on making joinery samples that you will be able to use as a reference in your home workshop.
List will be emailed
Materials & Books Needed:
Books – The Joint Book by Terrie Noll. Materials Needed: NONE
Tuition: $650 per person
Studio & Materials Fee: $60
There is a non-refundable registration fee of $45 that will be added to your order. This fee applies only to your first class.