Chair Making | Philip Morely
Aug 1, 2020 - Aug 7, 2020 | 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Chair making with Philip Morely
Come and build your skills and furnish your home with this sleek and contemporary Morely Lounge chair.
Designed with a Mid Century flair but supremely comfortable, this chair is an excellent way to both develop your woodworking skills and make a statement in your home. Designed by Philip Morely – your instructor, you’ll find yourself learning about traditional joinery and careful craft and unique design touches.
This build will help you focus in on accurate layout, careful measurement, and the use of templates for pattern routing.
Some of the key learning points include:
- Making bridle and mortise & tenon joints
- Handtool use – spokeshaves and hand planes
- Using templates and jigs for pattern routing
- Power tool techniques such as coping on the table saw
- Design features such as decorative veneering of the panels
Materials & Books Needed:
Materials Needed: Pending
Tuition: $795 per person
Studio & Materials Fee: $200
One time registration fee of $45