- This event has passed.
Learn to Turn | Miriam Carpenter
Oct 13, 2018 - Oct 14, 2018 | 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Learn to Turn
Level: Open to all
Learn how to turn fantastic legs, and rolling pins, and candle sticks – A great intro to woodturning!
This course will provide the basis for the ability to make a wide range of projects, such as furniture legs, knobs and lamps. Basic technical skills for lathe tool use will be explained, with gouge and skew use being the focus.
In this is spindle making class and will teach you how to use the lathe for anything between centers. You will learn:
- Basic tool use,
- How to mounting blanks onto the lathe
- How to rough out a blank and define the shape width and top/bottom limits
- How to cut beads, coves, curves, straight and v-cuts alone and in combination
- How to prevent catches and tear-out
- The four basic tool motions – lifting, swinging, rolling and sliding
- How to build complex profiles
If this is your first class at Florida School of Woodwork there will also be a non refundable $45 registration fee.