- This event has passed.
Weekend – Table Saw Techniques & Basic Joinery
Jun 23, 2018 | 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
This weekend class is perfect for beginners or for intermediates who want to hone their table saw skills and build up their joinery skills. A table saw is a very useful tool for making rip and cross cuts as well as a wide variety of joints. However, it is also a dangerous tool and must be used with good safety techniques.
Level: Open to All
In this two day class, you will learn how to:
- understand the basic elements of a table saw
- select and fine tune a table saw fence
- select, install and maintain blades
- make rip cuts, cross cuts, vertical cuts
- how to use tennoning jigs, crosscut sleds, mitre fences, stops, box joint jig
- how to make basic joints such as lap, box, mitre and tendons
If you’re just a beginner woodworker getting started in your craft and don’t have much experience with safely using a table saw this is a great place to start with the basics.
Tools Needed: NONE
Materials & Books Needed: Materials List: Poplar wood will be provided. Required books: NONE
There is a Non-Refundable Registration Fee of $45 if this is your first time registering.