Refunds & School Policy
Every student is responsible for understanding and accepting the registration process before signing up. This includes the non-refundable registration fee and the cancellation policy.
Refund and Cancellation Process
- If you withdraw from a workshop less than 30 days in advance, there will be no refund or transferring of the money to another class on all paid money for any reason.
- If you withdraw from a workshop for which you paid in full more than 30 days in advance of the start of the class, the school will refund the deposit on the class, less a $50 cancellation fee
- If you are eligible for any refund, you must send a dated written request. All refunds are based on the postmarked date or date the email was received.
- Telephone cancellations are not accepted for refunds.
- If you cancel any class and are eligible for a refund, the available refundable money can be applied to another class in the same year (less the $50 cancellation fee). You cannot transfer money to another class in the next year’s schedule.
- Refundable money will be sent back before the end of the school year.
- The Florida School of Woodwork reserves the right to withdraw any student from a class if he or she has not paid in full 30 days before the start of class.
- If for any reason the School must cancel a workshop, all money will be refunded, including the $45 registration fee.
- No smoking or alcohol permitted in school building.
- If you are on medications that could impair your judgment, you will not be allowed to operate power equipment.
- No young children or pets allowed.
- Videotaping of any instructional workshop is strictly prohibited.
- Students agree to take workshops at their own risk. Each student must sign a liability waver. Must release sponsors, owners, guest lecturers, assistants, staff, other students, manufacturers, directors, board members and managers from claims or liabilities from injury, loss, damage, or death.
- Students are not allowed to work with spalted woods, exotic woods, or any materials that could be hazardous to other students.
- Before signing up, each student is responsible to read, fully understand, and accept the registration process. This includes the annual non-refundable registration fee and the cancellation policy.
- All online registrations will not be official until credit card has been processed.
- Students who intentionally violate rules or put others at risk will be asked to leave.
- All full week workshops will wrap up between 2:30 and 3:30 p.m. on the last day of class. Weekend classes wrap up between 2:00 and 3:00 p.m.