Refunds & School Policy
Every student is responsible for understanding and accepting the registration process before signing up. This includes the non-refundable registration fee and the cancellation policy.
Refund and Cancellation Process
- To be eligible for any refund, you must send a dated written request. All refunds are based on the postmarked date or date the email was received.
- Telephone cancellations are not accepted for refunds.
- 1 day, 2-Day, 5-Day Classes, Intensives,Transfers
- Automatic $50 fee per class for any canceled/transfered registration, regardless of the date of withdrawal.
- Installment plans incur the amount of the first payment as the cancellation fee, regardless of the date of withdrawal.
- If you withdraw from a workshop for which you paid in full more than 30 days in advance, the school will refund the deposit on the class, less the $50 fee for all payments other than those for the installment plan.
- If you withdraw from a workshop that you elected to pay for with the installment payment plan, more than 30 days in advance, you will be refunded the amount currently paid minus the first payment amount.
- If you withdraw from a workshop less than 30 days in advance, there will be no refund or transferring of the money to another class on all paid money for any reason.
- If you cancel any class and are eligible for a refund, the available refundable money can be applied to another class in the same year (less the $50 cancellation fee). You cannot transfer money to another class in the next year’s schedule.
- Refundable money will be sent back before the end of the school year.
- The Florida School of Woodwork reserves the right to withdraw any student from a class if he or she has not paid in full 30 days before the start of class.
- If for any reason the School must cancel a workshop, all money will be refunded, including the $45 registration fee.
- No smoking or alcohol permitted in school building.
- If you are on medications that could impair your judgment, you will not be allowed to operate power equipment.
- No young children or pets allowed.
- Videotaping of any instructional workshop is strictly prohibited.
- Students agree to take workshops at their own risk. Each student must sign a liability waver. Must release sponsors, owners, guest lecturers, assistants, staff, other students, manufacturers, directors, board members and managers from claims or liabilities from injury, loss, damage, or death.
- Students are not allowed to work with spalted woods, exotic woods, or any materials that could be hazardous to other students.
- Before signing up, each student is responsible to read, fully understand, and accept the registration process. This includes the annual non-refundable registration fee and the cancellation policy.
- All online registrations will not be official until credit card has been processed.
- Students who intentionally violate rules or put others at risk will be asked to leave.
- All full week workshops will wrap up between 2:30 and 3:30 p.m. on the last day of class. Weekend classes wrap up between 2:00 and 3:00 p.m.