- This event has passed.
Turn Up & Have Fun | Graeme Priddle & Melissa Engler
February 11 - February 15 | 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Learn to Turn, Carve and Color
This class will cover a wide range of subjects and possibilities using basic faceplate and spindle turning techniques – don’t worry if you don’t know how to do this, we will show you!
As forms are made you will learn how to do a myriad of surface embellishment techniques introduced to personalize and enhance your pieces. Some of the things you will learn will include:
- rotary/hand carving,
- colouring with acrylic and milk paints.
There will be an emphasis on inspiration, design and exploring a multitude of possibilities, as opposed to finishing set projects.
You will be able to choose from a diverse range of projects to suit all skill levels or you may wish to refine or expand on the possibilities of what you are already doing.
Suitable for skill levels
You will work in a focused, friendly environment.
Most important!!!! Bring an open mind, a sense of humour and some current turnings or creations for show and tell if you have them.
Tools & Equipment:
- Turning tools – including hollow turning – if you have them. If not the School has sets that can be shared.
- Carving tools – Hand chisels etc. Each student will have their own MicroPro power carver to use.
- Texturing tools – sprocket tool
- Woodburners – The School provides an BurnMaster Hawk for each student to use.
- Long nosed pliers – The School has sets that can be shared.
- Masking tape, liquid mask (latex)
Cost and Registration Details
Cost: $750 + $60 materials (Scroll down to bottom of page to register)
The cost includes event registration, all materials, plus lunches on Wednesday and Friday.
Dates & Times: Mon, Feb 11th – Friday, Feb15th 9am – 4:00pm
Lodging – CLICK here for suggestions
This class qualifies for the Flex Pay program. Flex Pay is an installment payment plan that spreads the cost of the class out over 6-12 months. The class may be taken prior to the completion of the plan.
Click below to complete the form if you would like to sign up for this program.