Advancing Bandsaw & Router Skills | Kelly Parker
Advancing Bandsaw & Router Skills with Kelly Parker
This challenging class moves past essential workshop fundamentals and into more sophisticated, higher-skilled territory.
You’ll be introduced to advanced techniques on the bandsaw and router table, showing you ways to get more out of your table saw, disc sander, and biscuit joiner. Additionally, we will learn to make and use custom-made jigs on the bandsaw, table saw, router table, disc sander, drill press, and biscuit joiner to help you work safely and accurately, especially with small parts.
The class is full of learning opportunities and techniques you can add to your bank of woodworking knowledge and apply to future projects. Because we want you to learn by doing, we will make a beautiful trio of boxes. We’ll incorporate some beautiful woods (you might have something in your stash you’d like to use, or the School will provide some options) and a little embellishment work (pyrography, gold leafing, and milk paint).
Key Learning Points
- Jig theory & design and construction
- Leveraging your bandsaw, biscuit joiner, and disc sander using novel jigs
- Basic veneering
- How to safely work with small, non-square parts
- Strategies for successful glue-ups when working out-of-square
- Design considerations as it pertains to wood choice and desired visual aesthetics
- Embellishment techniques that elevate your work from ordinary to extraordinary
- gold leaf
- milk paint
Please Note: This is an intermediate-level class. Students should have considerable experience with:
- safely using the bandsaw, router table, table saw, jointer, and planer
- milling lumber to precise dimensions
- working accurately to tight tolerances
While you don’t need to bring any tools, we recommend bringing a small sketchbook to this class.
Workshop Days: Monday to Friday
Instruction Time: 9:00am – 5:00pm
School Opens:. 8:30am – 5:30pm
Tools You Will Need
Tuition & Materials:
One-time registration fee