Box Making Intro
Make a Chisel Storage Box
Weekend Class – Open to All
Build your skills and store your tools! Chisels present a special challenge, their sharp edges can inflict damage as well as suffer it, so if your chisels are rattling around in a drawer, or still in the flimsy original packaging, consider making a box to protect and organize them for easy retrieval.
This class will help you to grow your hand tool and machine skills as well as creating a practical storage box for your chisels that will last you a lifetime.
In the box making weekend, you’ll learn and practice box making techniques that include:
- Box design considerations
- Carcass construction using resawn lumber
- Mitres & splined mitre joints
- Setting hinges and hardware.
The goal is to complete your pieces, aside from finishing. An oil wax finish is available.
Tools Needed: Provided by the School
Materials: Provided by the School
Box Making Class Tuition: $455
Studio & Materials Fee: $40
Non-Refundable Registration Fee: $45 if this is your first time registering
- November 6 @ 9:00 am
- November 7 @ 5:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- 2 Day, 2021 Classes, All, Box making, Furniture Making, In Person, Level I, Weekend
- Event Tags:
- Beginning, beginning woodworking class, beginning woodworking course, box making, cabinet making class, chisel storage, classes in florida, drawer making, dyi, Evening, federal style, fine woodworking, hinge setting, inlay, jewelry box, joinery #, making a wooden box, marquetry, mitre joints, Odie's Oil, period furniture, queen anne, resawing, sapfm, tool box, tool storage, tool store, weekend, weekend craft