- This event has passed.
SHAPER ORIGIN – Intro & More
An Intro and More to The Shaper Origin
A wonderful opportunity to learn to use the Shaper Origin with a great instructor in a comfortably paced class.
Open to new users, as well as those who would like to fortify and grow their skill base.
Taught by furniture maker Michael Burt, you will have a week full of learning and skill-building exercises and sample work. The school is wonderfully suited to lots of interaction and individual instruction.
This is a hands-on Shaper class, some of the things you will learn about include how to:
- Introduction to the machine
- Discussion of .svg pattern creation and on-tool design
- Joinery with customization
- Cutting shapes, cauls
- Jigs and fixtures
- Incorporating Shaper into furniture design
While there will be a project(s) for the class, please think of it as a vehicle of learning and not necessarily the primary reason for taking the class.
There will be ample opportunities to learn through discussions and demos as well as lots of hands-on time with Shaper with individual instruction.
By the end of the course, students should have a good understanding of how to use Shaper Origin as a tool in their workflow.
Tools Needed: You will need to bring your own Shaper Origin and if you have one, Workstation. LINK to Shaper Origin Home page
Materials & Books Needed: Materials provided
Studio & Materials Fee: $45
One time Registration Fee: $45
- Sep 26, 2022 @ 9:00 am
- Sep 30, 2022 @ 4:30 pm
- Event Categories:
- 2022 Classes, All, Case & Cabinets, Certificate Elective, Chair making, Desk Making, In Person, Level I, Skills Based, Speciality Classes, Table Making
- Event Tags:
- aaw, all skill levels, american association, american association of woodturners, basic woodturning, beautiful turned pieces, beginner wood lathe projects, Beginning, bowl fitting, bowl gouges, bowl making, bowl turning, bowl turning basics, bowls, break bad turning habits, Candle sticks, candlestick, Christmas decoration, comfortable pace class, crafts, faceplate turning, finishes, Florida Turning classes, florida woodworking, Flower Vase, flower vases, for beginners, french rolling pin, furniture making skills, gifts for woodturners, gifts for woodworkers, great instructors, hands on experience, headstock, hone your skills, hone your woodturning skills, honey dipper, how to apply finishes, how to make bowls, how to make spindles, how to mount wood on to the chuck, how to set up your lathe, how to sharpen, how to start woodturning, how to use a lathe, how to use a wood lathe for beginners, how to use gouges, jet midi lathe, lathe, lathe basics, lathe bed, lathe handwheel, lathe motor, learn a new hobby, learn new skills, learn sizing, learn the basics of woodturning, new hobby, open to new turners, parting tools, poppet barrel, rolling pin, scrapers, series of projects, set up your lathe, Small bowl, Small plate, spindle, spindle gouges, spindle turning, standard turning tools, strong foundational techniques, tailstock, tampa woodturning, tips for woodturning, tool rest banjo, turn on the lathe, Turning, turning class, turning classes, using a lathe, using a wood lathe, wine stopper, wood lathe, wood lathe projects, wood selection, wood turning, wood turning basics, wood turning chisels, wood turning class, wood turning mistakes, wood turning projects, wood turning tools, wood turning with mahogany, woodturning classes, woodturning for beginners, woodturning for profit, woodturning for your home, woodturning projects, woodturning techniques, woodturning with cherry, woodturning with poplar, Woodworking, woodworking class, woodworking education, woodworking school, xmas gifts