Pencil Making : Tools
Or small handsaw – dovetail saw works well
- Flat chisel of any kind – sharp! Any ¼” – 1” chisel will work!
- Vice or a vice made from a handscrew (or two) and two F-clamps
- Marking gauge
- Shaping tool options:
Rasp & File
- Sandpaper – 150, 180, 220, 320 Grit
- Sanding block
- Sanding Sponge (the grit doesn’t matter – it’s just nice to have a flexible sanding surface)
- Pencil (I know, ironic)
- 5 minute epoxy – anything at the hardware store will work!
Optional For those of you who’d like to ebonize:
- Steel wool
- White Vinegar
- A glass jar with a lid