Wood Router Essentials | Weekend
Router Essentials for Every Woodworker
Fixed routers and plunge routers add a LOT to the workshop, but they can be intimidating to use.
With the amazingly diverse availability of router bit profiles, there are many different things you can do on a router table; from edge profiling to joinery. Because of the high rpm of a router motor, the cut quality is great, typically requiring very little sanding and your instructor, Andrew Gibson, will show you many important tips and fundamentals to help you to get the most out of your routers and you get hands-on experience.
No matter if you are a beginner or are familiar with the router, this is a great class to hone your skills.
You will learn about:
- Safety – things can go wrong quickly so we will talk about must-have safety tips including feed direction, multiple passes, using featherboards and push pads.
- Which router to buy and how to maintain it
- What router bits to invest in
- Techniques such as how to cut:
- lap joints
You will work with a variety of samples and small projects to help reinforce your learning.
Tuition: $460 per person
Studio & Materials Fee: $35
One time Registration Fee: $45
- November 5 @ 9:00 am
- November 6 @ 4:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- 2 Day, 2022 Classes, All, Beginning Woodworking, Evening & Weekend, Furniture Making, In Person, Joinery, Level I, Skills Based, Weekend
- Event Tags:
- best wood router, carbide router bits, edge profiling, feed direction, fine woodworking tools, fixed routers, florida woodworking, freud router bits, furniture, furniture making, furniture making skills, gifts for woodworkers, great cut quality, great instructors, hands on experience, high speed steel router bits, how to cut dados, how to cut lap joints, how to cut mortises on a router, how to cut rabbets, how to cut with a router, how to do joinery, how to maintain a router, how to use a router, how to use machinery, joinery #, learn new skills, machinery, mortises, multiple passes on a router, plunge routers, Power Tools, router bits, router motor, router safety, router table, router techniques, router tool bits, routing, routing fundamentals, routing tips, trim router, types of routers, types of wood router tools, useful router bits, using featherboards, using push pads, veneer, weekend, Wood router, wood working, Woodworking, woodworking education, woodworking projects, woodworking school, woodworking skills, woodworking tools