- This event has passed.
Staked Stool | Chris Schwarz
Staked Stool with Chris Schwarz
Introduction to Staked Furniture
Learn the essential skills to design and build staked furniture – anything from a sawbench to a desk to an armchair. In this weekend class, each student will design a small footstool with a half-scale model made of wire and wood. Then they’ll build that project in class using staked furniture techniques.
Students will learn:
- To execute compound-angle joinery without math (or numbers)
- To shape legs by hand and machine
- To join legs and seats using both tapered and cylindrical mortise-and-tenon joints
- To add stretchers between legs
- How to properly wedge joints for a long-lasting joint
- To level the legs so they all touch the floor at the same time.
Tool List – TOOL LIST
Studio & Materials Fee: $75
One time Registration Fee: $45
- February 12 @ 9:00 am
- February 13 @ 5:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- 2 Day, 2022 Classes, All, Beginning Woodworking, Chair making, Evening & Weekend, In Person, Level I, Level II, Project Based, Weekend
- Event Tags:
- best wood router, carbide router bits, edge profiling, feed direction, fine woodworking tools, fixed routers, florida woodworking, freud router bits, furniture, furniture making, furniture making skills, gifts for woodworkers, great cut quality, great instructors, hands on experience, high speed steel router bits, how to cut dados, how to cut lap joints, how to cut mortises on a router, how to cut rabbets, how to cut with a router, how to do joinery, how to maintain a router, how to use a router, how to use machinery, joinery #, learn new skills, machinery, mortises, multiple passes on a router, plunge routers, Power Tools, router bits, router motor, router safety, router table, router techniques, router tool bits, routing, routing fundamentals, routing tips, trim router, types of routers, types of wood router tools, useful router bits, using featherboards, using push pads, veneer, weekend, Wood router, wood working, Woodworking, woodworking education, woodworking projects, woodworking school, woodworking skills, woodworking tools