MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Mid Cent Coffee Table
Build a Coffee Table
Beginner Woodwork – Level 2
A great “next step” class to take after taking the week-long beginning woodworking class. Increase your fluency with the router, and bandsaw, hone your joinery skills and learn to work at a larger scale. This project -fits well in many different style homes and is a lovely show-off piece for beautiful wood grain and increasing skill sets.
Build A Coffee Table
In this hands-on class, you will focus on the process of woodworking from concept to finished product. You will learn about:
- Designing and Planning your specific table
- Creating and milling to your cut list
- Layout and accurately cut Mortise and Tenons and variants.
- Template Routing for multiples
- Tapering Jigs on bandsaw and table saw
- Construction – Learn to glue and clamp a larger scaled piece
This is a jammed packed five days, and we’ll make sure that you leave with a piece that will have pride of place in your home.
As time allows we will cover other topics, such as sho sugi ban, live edge tops , lower shelves, stretchers etc.
The coffee table project is 17″ tall x 46″ long x 22″ wide If you think you would like to change the dimensions, drop us a line at Andrew@SchoolofWoodwork.com and let us talk with you.
Along with tweaking the dimensions, you will have some design options to select from such as curved or tapered legs.
Skill Level – you should have some fluency and familiarity with power tools and have completed a small project or two. We recommend you take a look at the Beginning Woodwork week long class as a precursor to attending this. Questions? Call us at 813 223 3490
Tools Needed: None needed
Materials & Books Needed: None
- Chilean Mahogany – $150 (Included in the cost of the class)
- Cherry – $40 additional material fee
- Walnut – $60 additional material fee
Tuition: $775 per person
Studio & Materials Fee: $150
One time registration Fee: $45
- October 25 @ 9:00 am
- October 29 @ 4:00 pm
- $925 – $985
- Event Categories:
- 2021 Classes, All, Beginning Woodworking, Certificate Beginning Woodwork, Furniture Making, In Person, Level II, Level III, Level IV, Project Based, Table Making
- Event Tags:
- 5 Day Class, air dried wood, bedroom furniture, Beginning, beginning woodworking, brown glue, build a table, build an elegant table, carpentry, carpentry furniture, chair dimensions, cherry, chopping board, class, Class 5 Day Class, construction drawings, crosscut, custom furniture, custom woodworking, cut list, cutting board, cutting diagram, cutting joints, dado, design a table, design formulas, diy, drill press, edge grain, face sawn wood, festool sanders, fibonacci series, final cut list, florida, florida woodworking, forstner bit, foundational woodworking, front elevation construction drawing, furniture, furniture construction drawings, furniture cut list, furniture design, furniture function, furniture glue, furniture making, furniture making skills, gifts for woodworkers, glue set times, grain direction, great instructors, green wood, Hand Tools, hands on class, hardwood, heartwood, How to Calculate how much wood you need for a project, how to design furniture, how to do joinery, how to make a cut list, how to mill lumber, how to sand wood, how to select a finish, how to use hand tools, how to use lumber, how to use power tools, how wood is cut, improve your skills, jig, jointer, joints, joints for furniture, kiln dried wood, lacquer, laumber, learn new skills, living room furniture, lumber, lumber yard cut list, mahogany, manipulation of wood, maple, materials list, maximum no sag spans for shelves, mill lumber, milling, milling raw lumber, modern furniture, moisture content, mortise, oil finishes, perfect for beginners, pine wood, places to buy wood, Plain Sawn Lumber, plain sawn wood, plan elevation construction drawing, planer, poplar, power tool, Power Tools, projects, Quarter Sawn Lumber, quarter sawn wood, raw lumber, resaw cut, Rift Sawn Lumber, rift sawn wood, rip cut, rough cut, rough sawn, router, safe power tool use, sanding, sap, sepele, shellac, soft wood, splinter wood, standard chair dimensions, standard dimensions for bookcases, standard dimensions for shelves, standard furniture dimensions, table apron, table construction, table dimensions, table joints, table making, table router, table saw, table top, tampa, the golden rule, thickness planer, timber, tools, varnish blend finishes, walnut, wax finishes, wood density, wood finish, wood grain, wood moisture content, wood properties, wood selection, woodworkin, Woodworking, woodworking education, woodworking glue, woodworking machinery, woodworking school, yellow glue