- This event has passed.
Beginning Woodworking | Weekend
Learn To Woodwork
The Weekend Beginning Woodworking class provides a hands-on workshop experience and a condensed introduction to foundational woodworking techniques and power tools.
It is ideal for determining if you’d like to get more involved in woodworking, refreshing your skills, or familiarizing yourself with safe power tool use. It is a good first step in learning how to build furniture.
You will learn and practice each step of the woodworking process: project design and planning, construction drawings, lumber, milling, joinery, construction and finishing techniques.
You will hone your skills by safely using hand and power tools such as the jointer, planer, chop saw, router, and table saw by working on sample pieces.
Some of the key skills you will learn are:
- how to design a piece of furniture
- how to select lumber for your project
- safely use of a table saw, jointer, planer, chop saw
- mortise and tenon joinery
- using a router
- selecting the right glue
- choosing a finish and having a plan
Tools Needed: You won’t need any tools for this class. Everything is provided.
Materials & Books Needed: None.
Syllabus: Beginning Woodworking Syllabus.
Tuition: $475 per person
Studio & Materials Fee: $30
One time registration fee of $45
- Aug 14, 2021 @ 9:00 am
- Aug 15, 2021 @ 4:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- 2 Day, 2021 Classes, All, Beginning Woodworking, Evening & Weekend, Furniture Making, In Person, Level I, Weekend
- Event Tags:
- 5 Day Class, air dried wood, bandsaw, bedroom furniture, Beginning, beginning woodwork, beginning woodworking, beginning woodworking class, brown glue, build a table, build an elegant table, carpentry, carpentry furniture, chair dimensions, cherry, chopping board, class, construction drawings, crosscut, custom furniture, custom woodworking, cut list, cutting board, cutting diagram, cutting joints, dado, design a table, design formulas, diy, drill press, edge grain, face sawn wood, festool sanders, fibonacci series, final cut list, florida, florida woodworking, forstner bit, foundational woodworking, front elevation construction drawing, furniture, furniture class, furniture construction drawings, furniture cut list, furniture design, furniture function, furniture glue, furniture making, furniture making skills, gifts for woodworkers, glue set times, grain direction, great instructors, green wood, Hand Tools, hands on class, hardwood, heartwood, How to Calculate how much wood you need for a project, how to design furniture, how to do joinery, how to make a cut list, how to mill lumber, how to sand wood, how to select a finish, how to use hand tools, how to use lumber, how to use power tools, how wood is cut, improve your skills, jig, jointer, joints, joints for furniture, kiln dried wood, lacquer, laumber, learn new skills, learn woodwork, learn woodworking, living room furniture, lumber, lumber yard cut list, mahogany, manipulation of wood, maple, materials list, maximum no sag spans for shelves, mill lumber, milling, milling raw lumber, modern furniture, moisture content, mortise, oil finishes, perfect for beginners, pine wood, places to buy wood, Plain Sawn Lumber, plain sawn wood, plan elevation construction drawing, planer, poplar, power tool, Power Tools, projects, Quarter Sawn Lumber, quarter sawn wood, raw lumber, resaw cut, Rift Sawn Lumber, rift sawn wood, rip cut, rough cut, rough sawn, router, safe power tool use, sanding, sap, sepele, shellac, soft wood, splinter wood, standard chair dimensions, standard dimensions for bookcases, standard dimensions for shelves, standard furniture dimensions, table apron, table construction, table dimensions, table joints, table making, table router, table saw, table top, tampa, tampa woodworking class, the golden rule, thickness planer, timber, tools, varnish blend finishes, walnut, wax finishes, weekend, Weekend Class, wood density, wood finish, wood grain, wood moisture content, wood properties, wood selection, Woodworking, woodworking education, woodworking glue, woodworking machinery, woodworking school, yellow glue